The Powder Room


Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Vintage Mani DIY !

Hi Vintage Lovers!
Here Is your at home guide to a vintage Mani!
Hope You love it!!!!
What you will need is a small bowl with soap and warm water, wooden pusher, cuticle remover oil, cuticle oil, nail buffer, nail file, non acetone remover, cotton balls,  lotion, top coat, base coat, red nail polish, and yourself!

Supplies

1) remove old polish. File nails before soaking in water (remember for a vintage look choose a nail shape that is in the oval family , and do not saw your nail back and forth, that makes nails weak and break off, gently stroke in one direction)

2) soak for 5 -10 minutes ...relax.... you deserve it

3) take a orange wood stick and apply cuticle remover with a cotton wrapped on the stick. This is a safer way of removing dead tissue around your nail.

4) apply cuticle remover by pushing it back


5) one finished with all 10 finger , scrub under your nails with soap and warm water, to remove all dirt
7) apply cuticle oil on cuticles and buff nails with nail buffer  ( gently )
8) apply hand lotion
9) remove lotion oil from the natural nail by cleaning the nail with a cotton ball that has been soaked with non acetone



10) apply first coat (base coat) with 3 strokes starting in center then finish the two sides.


11) to create a half moon i find it easier to do the X technique. Apply the first line diagonal.

12) apply the second line, then fill in the moon then fill in the rest of the nail. Repeat on all nails and apply second coat of nail polish

13) apply top coat.  And remove polish that got on skin with a cotton on a wood stick with little bit of non acetone remover.

Finished! Lovely polished hand! Let dry for 30-45 minutes!

Polishes that I use:
Base Coat : OPI
Top Coat: OPI
Red Paint: Limited edition Fire and Ice Collection Revlon
I Hope you enjoyed my vintage Mani DIY!
Let me know if that work out for you!
Have A Very Vintage Day
Tootles
Miss Amethyst

7 comments:

  1. I wish I could paint my nails but I have the bad habit of biting them =(

    ReplyDelete
  2. using an "x" pattern is such a great idea! I never would have thought of that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My nails are a wreck right now, thanks for reminding me to fix them up and offering some great tips on how to do it! I love that x pattern method, I might actually be able to pull off the half moon look!
    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ladies!! Hope the tech. will work out! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always wanted to try the half moon, i'm so bad at painting my nails and I had no idea how to do it right, but maybe now i'll give it a whirl! My grandma always says its important to keep your nails nice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for this tutorial Miss Amethyst! My nails are so much stronger after following this for a couple of weeks. I still need to work on my half moons though!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments ..make my day!