The Powder Room


Tuesday, December 7, 2010

The Time When We Had Pretty Slips and Night Gowns.....

Hello There Vintage Lovers,
I just wanted to share with you my recent slips and night gown purchases. I just noticed that they don't make under garments  like they did in the past. Like for instance I was looking for slips for some of my dresses, and I wanted colorful ones.... they had none...probably a black or a tan one, but none....
So I can across a Great sale at one of my fave vintage shops And I got some! New too. Also My grandmother (abuelita had saved her black lace corset that she used in the 50's and It fits me!!! ha ha!!
I just wish we can bring back the pretty in dressing up! :)
yellow blue and pink slip, black corset, and a night gown with a jacket overlay set! How cute!!!








Have A Very Vintage Day
Tootles
Miss Amethyst

4 comments:

  1. That's so cool that the black corset fit you!! I agree with you I also wish we could bring back the pretty in dressing up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great finds! I love vintage slips. I have two dressers filled with vintage slips, nightgowns corsets, and stockings. I have a problem! But I do vintage pin up girl photography use them for my shoots so I feel like I have a good excuse! (o:

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, under garments are so boring these days! Especially affordable stuff that's either boring or made of that hideous cheap satin that goes static

    ReplyDelete
  4. Im so glad you all agree with me!
    Retro chick- I know... its just not the same anymore....

    ReplyDelete

I love comments ..make my day!