The Powder Room


Friday, December 3, 2010

Funny Girls : Jane Powell Hair How to

Hello vintage Lovers!
This Is my Jane Powell hair how to. Its rather easy to do. The lighting in my pictures is sorta bad. But you get the idea! :D


What you need: Gel, two hair combs , pin curls clips, bobby pins and rollers

Take a small section on the top front of your head. And Direct two columns with pin curls.

add three to four rollers going toward your face. repeat on other side. On the back of your hair at least 12 rollers should face downward. or even pin curls.

This is how your hair should look like when you take it all out when its FULLY dry.

Start Brushing!

To create a nice roll brush underneath

insert comb

Insert on other side. Hair spray and everything! :D

Finish Look! Although its I part my hair on the other side. But it looks like her hair!

Hope You enjoy my Series!!! Will be having more out soon!
Have a very vintage day!
Tootles
Miss Amethyst


10 comments:

  1. It looks fabulous, but of course everything does on you! I miss when my hair was that length, I think you've convinced me to cut it. Far more convenient style possibilities with shorter hair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. miss amethyst how i love you dearly =] this hair is so adorable. My dear i think we are in the wrong time. Regenerated souls perhaps?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww thank you ladies!!! Those comments are so sweet! :D
    Ginger: I love your hair long ala rita hayward, but go for it!I think you should do like baby steps maybe like the next you get it cutt, proberly take off an extra 2 inches . That way you wont be like surprised on how short it gets when its in pincurls!! hahaha!!!


    Poetry Is Life: Aww your so sweet! Yes I think us vintage girls are stuck in the wrong time ...how we would all love to be in the 40's or 50's ... (sigh.....) :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing! I just love the look. I've tried something similiar before and my semi-long bangs would fall in my eyes, maybe with this set and some hairspray they will stay this time (and they are longer too)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! I just wanted to let you know that I gave you a blog award on my page :) http://betty2tone.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did a great job re-creating a vintage hair style. I just discovered your blog, and I'm having fun looking around!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you ladies!!!
    Betty2Tone- Thanks Ill check it out!! Your too sweet! :)
    Mitzi- Thank you! I learned alot by researching, my grandmother and my mom before going to school. The school im going to, since I like the vintage hair styles my teacher,who attented cosmetology school in the time we all dream of living in ( the 40's) Shes been able to let me look at her school book that has different hair sets and also teaches me tricks on achieving different looks that i just adore!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello, I just LOVE your hair and wanted to ask, how does it look unstyled in terms of length, and do you have any layers/bangs cut in? x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww thanks. I have a rounded out hair cutt which means in the back its not like straight accross its rounded out. The length 2 inches below collar bone. I have betty bangs. And I have very very long layers. Hope that helps!! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments ..make my day!