The Powder Room


Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Vintage Make Up HowTo

Hello Vintage Lovers!
Today I will show you the basics of achieving old Hollywood makeup look from the 40's and 50's.
Here is a guide of makeup colors they use back then
Eyeshadow: White, Beige, Lavender, Pink Ivory, Brown, Grey, Black, Sage Green, Mint Green, Navy Blue, Powder Blue
Blushes: Pink, Burgundy
Lipstick: Dark Pink, Red, Orange Red, Burgundy, Apricot,Pinch of Pink
Eye Liners: Black, Dark Brown, Medium Brown



Here Is my how to for a baa sic 40's /50's look:
Clean Face!!! (Eck)

Apply Foundation on your eyelids

Apply Beige Eyeshadow on your whole in tire lips. Next apply a darker eyeshadow on your crease (i choose a lavender) When applying your crease shadow look at your mirror when tracing your shadow then close your eyes and blend into the crease bone.

Blend both eye shadows with your blending brush. Think soft , not harsh.

Apply your liner. I like to use a dark brown liquid liner for the day, It works just as good as black liner but its more of a day time look. Then apply fondation to rest of face.

Once applied mascara, brush your eyebrows and fill them in if needed.

Next apply blush (i like Hard Candy's :Living Doll) blush. Its the perfect pink

Blend Blush on your apples by smiling.

(*For Special Occasions*) Apply face and body white powder on your face (little goes a long way) This creates a techni-color Hollywood glow)

(Blend with blending brush) Blend really good!!!
Next apply your Lip Liner and Lipstick. (I have on Fire &Ice Revlon)

Next Apply Your highlighter apply (cupid bows"lips", on brow bone)


Finish Look!!

I hope you like my Make Up How To!!
Next will be the Finger Waves!!!
Have A Very Vintage Day
Tootles
Miss Amethyst


13 comments:

  1. Wow, no ‘eck’ needed with the clean face picture- you look perfect with no make up on girl! Beautiful as always…Lovely bathroom too.
    tups x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely...and I agree with Tups, your bathroom is gorgeous! What is the white face and body powder that you use?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, you are the cat's pajamas and too cute! Thanks for the how to!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why thank you ladies!!!
    Thank you for the lovely comments about my bath room!! :D
    Yesterday Girl: I used Jean Nate' , really any body powder. ( i looked up what powder they used on their face and my books said body powder/facepowder) The result is like a matte finish.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, if I looked like you did without makeup I might not bother wearing any at all! You're adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you ladies!!! :D Hahaha for those sweet comments!
    Lucille-I used Jean Nate' , really any body powder. ( i looked up what powder they used on their face and my books said body powder/facepowder) The result is like a matte finish.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You always look so lovely. I agree with Miss Emmi concerning your sans make up look, if I looked like you I'd head out the door with a clean face!

    I love your eyebrows, such a perfect shape. Tell me, do you shape them yourself or do you have them professionally done?

    ReplyDelete
  8. ginger- Aww thank you!!
    My eyebrows, i do them my self :)Thank you!!!:D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just found your blog. You are so pretty!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. just found your blog and oh my goodness i can't believe I havent found you before!!! what white powder have you used here?

    India
    x

    ReplyDelete

I love comments ..make my day!