The Powder Room


Sunday, May 27, 2012

1930's SweetHeart Style: In its Pooofy Glory!



Our Look!!!!!
..................................
The Twist ?!
................................
Betty Bangs!
................


Lets get Started!!!!!


This is what you need : RedKen *iron silk 07, butterfly clips, pin curl clips, rat tail comb, and a pick :)

***optional hair spray***
 ( i want don't want this look to be over loaded with hairspray *unless you have hard to curl hair* , i want it to be poofy and touchable)



1) This lady here has a layered bob with a Betty bang shape bangs . We are taking her Blah look to very vintage 1930's look!

2) So here i want to have 2 , "1 inch sections of pin curls going toward the face. The one inch base pin curl will provide the foundation of the hair style being poofy.
3) Depending on where you part your hair take down a 2 - 3 inch section of the hair and do slightly larger curls.

(Your pin curler should stop winding about to the arch of your eyebrow)

( Note Again 2- 3 inches off base)

4) Repeat the same on the other side , as well for the back
( the reason why out bases are suppose to be longer in this hair style is because it provides more dramatic attention to the triangle shape look we are going for)



5) This is how your pin curls should look like in the back when taken out

6) How your pin curls should look like when set.

(here is a more clearer picture of how the set is sculpted)

7) Take out all your pin curl clips. It should look like this

8) For this look all you need to do is to pick the curls out

9) Flatten down the crown

10) Finish look!!!!


Doesn't she look like a Doll??!!!


Any Questions???
Feel free to ask!!!!!




13 comments:

  1. Another wonderful tutorial! Very pretty. Once the weather cools back I'll definitely give it a whirl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great tutorial! you make it look so easy... my problem? super long hair and terrified of cutting it but i will continue to admire the possibilities <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! And, you make it look easy enough to try!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh SO pretty! I myself have long hair, now I have to find a friend with short hair so I can try this out! Thanks for the lovely tutorials!

    Adios,
    Jessie Lou

    http://lovethevintagecowgirl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a brilliant way to put together a hairstyle tutorial. Excellently done (and so easy to follow), thank you, dear gal.

    Many thanks as well for your comment on my vintage banana cookie recipe post yesterday. I really hope the vegan version you mentioned turns out great for you and your son.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, I love you for posting this. So easy to understand and the end result is just divine. Thank you!

    ~ Vivi Loubelle

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just adore this style and my hair is nearly at the right length to try it! Thanks for the wonderful tutorial!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You always post such cute hairstyles...But my hair is super long. Are there any hairstyles reminiscent of times past for those of us with long hair?

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks fantastic! If I had short hair i'd try it right away :D Following your blog now!
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great tutorial! My hair is a little longer but I still want to give it a try :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the hairstyle posts on this blog, my grown out bob is crying out for this x

    http://life-of-a-london-intern.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

I love comments ..make my day!